1 - Account Setup with Insightech
Updated by Shivam Bhonsle
Welcome to Insightech! From here, you will find everything you need to get started with the platform.
Read through the modules below to start working through your Account Setup to begin using Insightech.
1) Implement your Tracking Code
Implement the Insightech tracking code onto your website so that data will be available in your account in seconds. To do so,
- Navigate to Settings → Tracking Code on the Insightech dashboard
- Decide whether to implement the tracking code through either:
- Google Tag Manager (Recommended Approach)
- Paste the tracking code into your tag manager or the header tag of your website (as high up as possible)
Please Note - Do not have more than one Insightech tag across your website or you may experience issues
Click here for a more detailed breakdown on how to implement your tracking code
2) Setup your Custom Domain
Custom domain tracking is required to track users across different domains including 3rd party portals or country-specific URLs. To do this,
- Navigate to Settings → Profile
- Input each website URL (one per new line) in the domain tab
- Click Submit to save your settings
Insightech will apply these rules retroactively and update customer journeys based on their behaviour across all domains on the list.
Click here for more information about custom cross-domain tracking and payment portals
3) Setup your DataLayer tracking (Optional)
Insightech automatically tracks your dataLayer unless you have a custom dataLayer name. If you are using a custom dataLayer name convention, you will need to set up your custom dataLayer name.
- Select Settings → Tracking Code
- Click Change Tracking Settings
- Input the custom dataLayer name ("RandomDataLayerName")
- Click Save to finalise your settings
Click here for more information about custom dataLayer tracking and how Insightech tracks yours
4) Mask PII (Personally Identifiable Information) Content
Insightech automatically masks anything users type on your website. However, PII (Personally Identifiable Information) that may appear on your website, such as a name or address that appear on a confirmation page, will need to be masked.
However, more specific elements or fields may require custom masking in Insightech. To do this,
- Click Settings → Tracking Code → Change Tracking Settings
- Input the CSS selector for each element you want to mask. Ensure each line contains a single CSS rule.
- Click Save Settings to finalise these rules
Click here for detailed instructions on how to mask and whitelist specific content on your website
5) Invite your Team
Now that your account is set up, you can add your teammates onto Insightech. To do so,
- Navigate to Settings → Users to see a list of your current users
- Click Invite User and input the user's details to be added
- Select the appropriate user access level:
- Viewer: All reporting access, with restricted access to admin settings
- Admin: All reporting access and complete access to all settings
- Click Invite New User to finalise the addition of any new users
Click here for a detailed breakdown on managing users and roles on Insightech