What are Insightech Pathing Reports?
Updated by Shivam Bhonsle
What is a Pathing Report?
Pathing reports map out the most common paths taken by your users through your website. It is a visual representation of the journey your customers have actually taken towards a conversion on your website.
How can pathing reports be used?
Pathing reports are extremely useful when looking to understand the most common behaviours for certain audiences.
Segments and filters can also be used to understand the difference in various customer journeys, compare audiences and identify key insights.
- Inbound Traffic - Understanding the most common paths taken from specific marketing channels, campaigns and landing pages
- Conversion Paths - Understanding the major differences in paths between converting & non-converting paths
- Customer Support Issues - Understanding specific paths for individual users that submit a customer support issue to your team
Navigating to pathing reports in Insightech
Click on the pathing tab on the left panel from your dashboard
This will open up your pathing reports and show you a default view of your reports.
For example, a url of http://www.insightech.com/blog/pathingreports will automatically shorten your URL to /blog/
Read on to see how to customise your reports
Customising / editing your pathing content categories
Pathing reports automatically categorise your website pages into segments by default. Reports will simplify each URL in your website to the first segment of your URL path name.
To customer your content categories,
- Navigate to your pathing reports
- Select Edit Rules to open up your content category rules
- Add individual Content Classification Rules to categorise your URLs into custom names
- Click Save Changes to your classification rules