Track Website Interactions with Funnel Analysis
Updated by Shivam Bhonsle
Funnels are an extremely useful feature that you can use to optimise smaller interactions on your website, which are sometimes called micro-conversions. While these funnels may only have just a few steps, they can be helpful to understand interaction rates across several website activities
These activities include:
- Member Logins
- LiveChat Starts
- Form Submissions
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Click to call
Tracking Newsletter Sign-Up with Funnel Analysis
- Navigate to Funnels → Add New Funnel from the Insightech Dashboard
- Name the Conversion Funnel → (Newsletter Sign-Up - Insightech)
- Input the name and filter for the first step in this customer journey. The filter is the necessary action that a user needs to complete before conversion.
- For this Example, this would be a customer entering into the homepage of our website
- Optional - Add a step to track the start of the micro-conversion
- For this Example, it would be tracking users who begin typing in their email address in the Newsletter sign-up field
- Add the conversion step that identifies users who have completed this micro-conversion
Note - The Conversion point changes depending on the interaction you are tracking.
- For this example, this would be when our website has a text dialog pop-up - "You are now apart of our newsletter community"
For this example, the conversion step will be a "content loaded" event, filtered on the the CSS selector of the confirmation pop-up
CSS Example Below
- Click Submit and Insightech will create a completed conversion funnel
With this funnel, you can analyse how many users interact with your newsletter form:
- If you would like more Newsletter Sign-Ups, this could mean making this element more visible on your website.
- If there are no Newsletter Sign-Ups, this could indicate a broken button, link or element for your newsletter form.
- If specific types of content are being prioritised, this could involve rearranging content elements like your newsletter form
Every change to your website can impact interactions for your content elements. So, the Insightech Funnel Analysis becomes an extremely useful tool to understand interaction rates website activities.