Table of Contents
- Step 1 - Conversion Point Configuration
- Step 2 (Optional) - Set up your Conversion Revenue Value
- Step 3 - Enable the Conversion Feature
- Revenue in Click-Map Reports Explained
This article looks at how to set-up your Insightech visual reports (click maps and form analyses) to include conversion and revenue tracking from your website.
When overlaying any visual reports, such as click-map reports or form field reports, you will be able to clearly see how these interactions with each of your website features, impacts your website conversions and revenue, and by how much.
Below are step-by-step instructions to setup your website conversion and revenue metrics, so that these flow through to your Insightech click maps and visual reports.
Step 1 - Conversion Point Configuration
Navigate to Settings → Conversion.
This is where you need to input the rules for your conversion point, based on any of the events/behaviours recorded in Insightech.
Note: Only a single conversion point can be defined.
Here is a list of the rules that you can use in your conversion metric
- Visited (Anything, Page URL, Page Path, Page Duration, Domain, Pages in Session)
- Clicked (Anything, Text, CSS Selector)
- Hovered (Anything, CSS Selector)
- Page Scrolled (Anything, Pixel, %)
- Field Value Changed (Anything, Form Name, CSS Selector, Field Name, Input Value, Selected)
- Field Focus (Anything, CSS Selector, Field Name)
- Field Blur (Anything, CSS Selector, Field Name)
- Field Submitted (Anything, Form Name, CSS Selector, Field Name, Input Value, Selected)
- Content Element Loaded (Anything, CSS Selector, Content Text)
- Data Layer Event (Anything, JSON Path)
Step 2 (Optional) - Set up your Revenue amount
To setup Revenue Values in your reports, your conversion point needs to be shown as part of your conversion event.
This means that you will either need to be using Content Element Loaded or Data Layer Event, where a revenue value is present, to be able to set a revenue amount for each conversion. Note: Your revenue needs to be a numerical value to be captured
- Click the Checkbox below your conversion metric to set as 'checked', to Extract your revenue amount.
This check box will either say Extract element text OR Extract data layer value
- If your conversion metric is
Put in Datalayer path of revenue value
Content Loaded Example
Data Layer Example
Step 3 - Enable the Conversion Feature
Click Save Conversion Point
Revenue in Click-Map Reports Explained
Select a replay to view on the Insightech platform. Once inside the replay view, click Analysis → Click-Map Reports or Visual Form Analysis.
Once setup, conversion rates and revenue figures will be clearly displayed across the replay and click-map, next to each element. This will also be shown in the side-bar against all of the click data.
Example #1 - Session Replay Highlighted Click-Map Revenue Report Data
Example #2 - Side-Bar Click-Map Revenue Report Data