Table of Contents
- How Funnels Work
- What they can be used for
- How to Access Funnel Reports in Insightech
- Defining your Funnel Steps
- Setting up your Funnel in Insightech
How Funnels work
Funnels are a quick way to understand the conversion steps for a user as they enter your website until they effectively convert. Setting up funnels allow you to asses where users are getting stuck.
Insightech's Data is retroactive. This means that funnels can be set-up using historical data, and can be be setup on any event or behaviour. This allows you to track future user behaviour as they make their way through the funnel; that has been set-up.. Through a funnel report, you are able to gain analytics on user behaviour and sift through session replays which are especially useful when finding potential issues users may be have having on your website.
Insightech offers two types of Funnel Reports:
- A high-level analysis used to compare conversion rates across segments, and multiple funnels at one time
- An in-depth breakdown that's used to assess where users are dropping off.
What they can be used for
Funnel Reports can be used can be used for:
- Understanding issues at key steps in the acquisition flow
- Understanding conversion rates through your acquisition flow
- Measuring when a user has taken an action, but the website hasn't responded correctly
- Overlaying segments to understand how conversion rates increase/decrease for different audiences, content seen, or website features interacted with.
How to Access Funnel Reports in Insightech
Below are the steps to access the funnel reports on the platform:
- Navigate to the Funnels tab on the left-hand navigation bar from your dashboard
- Click on View Funnel for the appropriate funnel that you are looking to analyse
- A report will display the appropriate data for the conversion funnel set between your desired timeframe.
- Click on any of the steps from the funnel report. This will generate a corresponding session replay list with the appropriate segments and filters automatically applied, showing you the user behaviours of those at this step in the funnel.
Defining your Funnel Steps
It is imperative to define each step of the funnel list properly and clearly when creating funnel. By doing so, you will be able to determine the right metric for Insightech to use when tracking user behaviour. This will ensure that the metrics provided are accurate with the goal of creating the conversion funnel.
To access a spreadsheet on how to plan your funnel steps, please click here
Setting up your Funnel in Insightech
Below are the steps used when setting up a final on the Insightech platform:
- Navigate to Funnels → Add New Funnel from the Insightech Dashboard
- Multiple drop-down menus with multiple options for your to specify how Insightech will capture data on user behaviour
- Repeat this process to create multiple events to your funnel. Each step should correspond the to the next consecutive phase a user completes when converting. Click Submit to generate a completed funnel that looks like this:
- You can set the dates as you wish to make comparative assessments of user behaviour through these dynamic conversion funnels overtime