Implementing your tracking code is a simple and easy process within the Insightech platform. Follow the steps below in order to get data streaming on your website.
How to Implement your Tracking Code
- Navigate to Settings → Tracking Code. This page will show your implementation code along with tracking settings.
- Copy and paste your code where instructed. Once done, your platform will begin collecting data.
Please Note: Do not have more than one Insightech tag on each page across your website or it will cause issues with your data. (E.g. You may accidentally implement a tag in GTM and another directly in the page's HTML).
In order for Insightech to pull data from your website onto the platform, the website domain that is being tracked needs to be inputted onto the platform. To do so,
1. Navigate to Settings → Profile section on the platform
2. Add each domain URL in the domains tab to be included in cross-domain tracking
3. Click Submit
Please Note: If no domain is listed, then no data will be collected. Domain listings also happen at a match function so they can be inputted at their highest level. For instance,
- example1.com and that would match things like example1.com.au, as well as abc.example1.com.
For more detailed information on cross-domain tracking, click here
Feel free to reach out to us if you want some extra tips on how to prevent this. Please click here to contact Insightech for additional support.